We are a non-partisan 501(C)4 group of concerned citizens fighting for pragmatic forest management. While acknowledging the science of climate change, we believe that government policies and laws must change now to allow more effective forest management. A well-managed forest not only sequesters carbon but provides a positive habitat for several species.
Our current campaign is directed at calling attention to groups whose frivolous lawsuits block lawmakers and the Forest Service from acting on what’s best for all citizens direct or indirectly impacted by wildfire. Even limited projects to reduce fuel loads in the Sierras and Yosemite National Park have been halted by a few environmental groups relying on outdated data. Costs spiral, paperwork grows, and our forests, communities, and wildlife burn.
Please be assured any donations given will be used to increase awareness of this critical issue. CSFM is managed by the four individuals who originally organized it. We have never taken any funds nor will we. All funds will be used to expand our awareness campaign.
Step One – increase awareness in the most impacted areas
- Run sixty-second advertisement on five radio stations in the Fresno /Central Valley market
- Direct people to our webpage by on-air acknowledgments on public radio stations in Fresno and Mariposa
Step Two – expand to metro areas
- Run the sixty-second advertisement on radio stations in the major metropolitan centers such as the Bay Area, Sacramento, Southern California, and Oregon.
- Direct people to our website by on-air acknowledgments on public radio stations in those areas as well
Step Three – convince legislators
- When we collect a large enough number of supporters of our petition, we will meet with legislators to show the support that exists for changes in laws and regulations which impact the ability of foresters to implement sound management techniques.
Our next objective is to convince the financial backers of groups filing lawsuits to stop funding them and to convince them to become part of the solution.
CSFM sees this as a long-term journey to which we are committed – join us in that support.